Use all the knowledge acquired during the previous assignments and sessions.
The poster has to speak of yourself, but through a text that represents you: can be a text from your favourite author, (the lyrics of) a song from an artist you like, a dialog from a movie or theatre play. You may choose to use a part but it needs to have at least three sentences.
Explore hierarchy using the content and use the structure of a grid relating the elements.
You can choose to write it in a language other than English, but in that case, you have to provide a translation, can be a small text somewhere in your composition.
With the poster you will hand-in a text explaining why you chose that text, who is/are the author/s and date if you have it. Explain as well
- what you meant to represent with your design,
- what typography you have chosen and
- reasons for the choices of type you have made
- font designer and date
- Poster Format A4 PDF + Text explaining your choices
- Include in the composition the author/s of the text or references
- Use only typography. Be wise in your choice of font, avoid decorative or script fonts if possible
- Use what you have learnt from type mixing
- You may use colour
I’m pretty happy with how this poster turned out. I could have arranged the text better, given more room around the sides perhaps.